}

3 December 2011

Brendan and Eva's new house going in

Brendan and Eva have just moved into their new house. The house was built in Melbourne, believe it or not, and then transported to Sydney in four pieces which were then craned into their plot in Mosman with microscopic precision so that all the pieces joined up. Absolutely amazing. There are some great pics below. 

Photos and commentary by Eva: 

What a surreal day, this is my kitchen driving past me down the road, I could see the taps and the splashbacks!   The most difficult part was getting the trucks reversed into the very narrow driveway so that the crane could lift the modules between the neighbours house and the power lines on the street.



It was nerve-wracking, we were diverting the cars and even the buses, how to irritate the neighbourhood before you even move in.  The crane was enormous! You could see it from Spit junction (for those who have been here) or so our neighbours told us. Phew what a day!



You can see from the photo below how high the house was in the air!



The final module being lowered into place onto the bottom three, they had 40mm clearance on one side and 10mm on the other and honestly it went in like a piece of lego, amazing!!!



The final piece going in from the pool side of the house.



One of the downstairs bathrooms, I kid you not this is how it arrived, I couldn’t believe that even the vanity was already suspended in place!

3 comments:

NewsNicola said...

Wow, I've never actually seen it in progress, just amazing! I thought it was pretty incredible the 1st time I saw a 2nd hand 'house yard' in Brisbane. Houses were lined up on platforms ready for purchase & delivery. Isn't modern technology wonderful? So happy its all worked so well! :)
Cheers Nic

Cinema com Ana Rodrigues said...

My facebook Graeme.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000910489311
XOXO

Russell Gowlett said...

ah, I saw a tv show on them doing this in Oz before|"!

Clicky