}

15 April 2015

An amble in the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens

On our drive back from the garden route, Chrisèl and I stopped off at the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens.

This garden is full of happy memories for me. It is where I came after my Matric exam results came out and I wanted to reflect on where I was going in life (after a walk to the top of the beautiful Luiperd's Kloof.)  It's also where I came bird watching shortly after I took it up as a hobby (and was rewarded with sightings of ground woodpeckers which excited me greatly.) It's also where I spent time with Ally and friends on the Kleinmond Camping Weekend when we met for the first time.  

So it was lovely to revisit it again and admire many of the beautiful flowers in bloom.


The tea house.

Proteas is full bloom.





My favourite photo of the day.





After a relaxing amble in the gardens, we drove on to Gordon's Bay via the gorgeous coastal road.  Surely this must be one of the most scenic drives in the whole world.  Its views were sublime as always.  Of course, we stopped off to take lots of snaps. And to celebrate another leap.






0 comments:

Clicky